Happy Children

Keep the Child Care Credit in Mind for Summer

WASHINGTON – IRS SPECIAL EDITION TAX TIP 2013-11 – If you are a working parent or look for work this summer, you may need to pay for the care of your child or children. These expenses may qualify for a tax credit that can reduce your federal income taxes. Read more

Summer Job Tax Information for Students

WASHINGTON – IRS SPECIAL EDITION TAX TIP 2013-10 – When summer vacation begins, classroom learning ends for most students. Even so, summer doesn’t have to mean a complete break from learning. Read more

tax calculator

You Can Correct Tax Return Mistakes

What should you do if you find that you made a mistake on your 2012 tax return after it’s been filed? Perhaps you find that you missed a big deduction. Perhaps you receive a late notice of income you earned. Or perhaps you receive a corrected Form 1099 from your broker. The answer is Read more

Certain Roth Conversions are Final

Under the new tax law, it is now easier to convert your employer-sponsored retirement plan such as a 401(k), 403(b), or 457 into a Roth IRA account. This is similar to converting your traditional IRA into a Roth IRA, but with one very significant difference. Read more

Taxes File Folder

Simplify Your Tax Recordkeeping

Did you spend hours pulling together your tax records in preparation for filing your 2012 tax return? It doesn’t have to be that way. Avoid the problem next year by taking a few simple steps now. Read more