Keller & Owens’ Not-for-Profit Division works with many professional, trade and membership associations. We serve organizations supporting the arts, meeting humanitarian needs and fostering professional education. We assist condominium and homes associations with their financial and tax needs. We understand the challenges facing associations and membership organizations. We keep abreast of the accountability and regulatory issues important to you.
Keller & Owens’ not-for-profit specialists help to provide solutions to your challenges and realization to your opportunities through the following services:
Accounting: Meaningful, well-organized financial records help you manage your operations more efficiently. We provide a full range of cost-effective accounting services.
- Accounting and financial policies and procedures manuals
- Bookkeeping and controllership services
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Payroll preparation and consultation
- QuickBooks® and other software consulting
Assurance: Many times you need an independent expert’s report on matters of significance to your operations. We offer the following services designed to provide the desired level of assurance on such matters.
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Internal control system examinations
- Other examinations, such as compliance with governance policies
Consulting: In addition to acting as a ready resource to the Board and to management, we provide a variety of consulting services.
- Audit committee organization and operation consultation
- Benchmarking studies
- Cash flow and budget analysis
- Compensation and benefit planning
- Design and conduct membership surveys
- Financial forecasts and projections
- Fraud investigations and forensic services
- Fraud prevention reviews
- Internal audit consultation
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance advice
- Training financial staff
Taxes: We can help you to identify key issues and needs that minimize taxes and protect your tax exempt status.
- Form 990 and 990-T training, review or preparation
- IRS tax compliance studies
- Tax exemption application consulting and private letter rulings
- Unrelated business income and intermediate sanctions consulting