While Keller & Owens works with many types of not-for-profit organizations, we specialize in serving the needs of religious organizations, especially churches. We also serve organizations that support churches such as seminaries, foundations and publishing entities.
We keep in touch with the issues and challenges facing faith-based organizations by active membership in associations that support this industry segment, including the National Association of Church Business Administration, the Association of Christian College Business Administrators and the Christian Management Association. We have served as speakers at the Christian Management Association’s national conference, and as advisors and regular contributors to the Church Financial Management section of the monthly Christian Management Report magazine. We are active in leadership positions in local chapters of several of these associations. We regularly advise organizations about membership in the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability and work with them to maintain their membership standards.
We help churches and church-related organizations act as good stewards of their resources by offering the following services:
Accounting: Meaningful, well-organized financial records help you manage your operations more efficiently. We provide a full range of cost-effective accounting services.
- Accounting and financial policies and procedures manuals
- Bookkeeping and controllership services
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Payroll preparation and consultation
- QuickBooks® and other software consulting
Assurance: Many times you need an independent expert’s report on matters of significance to your operations. We offer the following services designed to provide the desired level of assurance on such matters.
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Internal control system examinations
- Other examinations, such as compliance with governance policies
Consulting: In addition to acting as a ready resource to the Board and to management, we provide a variety of consulting services.
- Audit and finance committee organization and operation consultation
- Benchmarking studies
- Cash flow and budget analysis
- Compensation and benefit planning
- Financial forecasts and projections
- Financing alternatives evaluation
- Fraud investigations and forensic services
- Fraud prevention reviews
- Internal audit consultation
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance advice
- Training financial staff
Taxes: We can help you to identify key issues and needs that minimize taxes and protect your tax exempt status.
- Charitable giving consultation
- Clergy tax planning and return preparation
- IRS tax compliance studies
- Property, sales and use tax consultation
- Tax exemption application consulting and Form 1023 preparation
- Unrelated business income and excess benefit consulting
For more information about our services for religious organizations, contact Greg Owens or Rich Bili at (913) 338-3500 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.